Saturday, August 27, 2016

So tasty

When we were in Galena, one of the places we shopped was the Galena Canning Company. We bought some sugar-free jelly and discovered some interesting-sounding summer sausages. We bought elk, bison, boar, and venison sausages. The humans have been nibbling on the assorted sausages and
enjoying them.

You know where this is going, right?

Fast forward a week or so and the other evening I noticed a couple of empty sandwich bags on the kitchen floor. I asked Lloyd if he'd dropped them.

What? That sausage wasn't for me?
If only I coulda knew!
His head started snapping back and forth and I think he said something pithy like "Wha? What the? Oh, [expletive]."

I looked a little closer and there on the floor next to the empty bags was a neatly peeled off label for venison sausage.

All focus turned on Dieter, who did his best shocked indignation look. "Who, me? Why am I always to blame....sluuuurp. Have you got any more or that tasty sausage, by the way?"

I was more concerned that the sausage casing might cause some intestinal issues. And also figured sausage might be a little rich for his gut. But after a call to cousin, she reassured me  and I calmed down. We will observe the hound and his bathroom habits.

The good news is all is well with Dieter. The bad news is we have no more of our favorite sausage. I guess human and canine alike can attest to the goodness of this sausage. Luckily I found that the Galena Canning Company has a mail order option and I've ordered some replacement sausage.

It will be on lockdown once it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment