Saturday, February 11, 2017

Peck's Bad Boy

The original Peck's Bad Boy--AKA Dieter. I thought by the time he turned 4 he'd be a little more sedate. Truthfully, I guess he is: sedate for Dieter that is. NOT sedate in normal dog terms.

To be fair, Dieter's probably got cabin fever. Since his human dad had to have open-heart surgery and isn't allowed to walk Dieter (all 80 pounds of him) until his chest heals, I think Dieter needs to work off some energy. I think both human and canine miss their long walks.

So to burn off some of his energy, Dieter has been creative and doing some bratty antics. This is from one day of Dieter's "Bratty Play Book":

Pondering how to escape and eat cat food.
  1. He muscled past me as I went through the dog gate. Freeeeeee. We don't make Dieter wear a collar in the house, so I attempted to grab his ruff as he darted by me. He complained and got away. Usually all I have to do is corral him with a leash fashioned as a lasso. Not that day. He'd see me coming with the leash and bolt. I finally gave up and went into the family room (I didn't hear any cat shrieks or crashes, so figured nothing too major was going on). Dieter finally got bored with freedom (which could have had something to do with me putting the cat food up and out of reach), so he returned to the scene of the crime. I placed him in solitary confinement. I believe I threatened him with going to the knacker. I was desperate! 
  2. Later, he stole some paper napkins and shredded them.  
  3. Then he stole a big hunk of french bread from the counter.  
  4. Even later, I heard Lloyd say: "Where are you getting all that stuff from? Answer me." Dieter had been pulling tissues from Lloyd's pockets and shredding them.  
  5. The grand finale: Dieter stole and ate a Nature's Valley Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate bar that he swiped out of the cupboard. I called the emergency vet--there was no Xylitol in it and they figured that a 1.42 oz bar in an 80 lb GSD would not cause any harm. It didn't. But still...
The next day I was recounting Dieter's offenses to my cousin (who has a GSD cousin of Dieter and who knows what evil geniuses they can be). She said: I've had many GSD's who did what you're telling me. They just didn't happen all on the same day.

That's my son, the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment